Tricosilk® Max is manufactured by Ajanta. It is combined of two ingredients Minoxidil and Aminexil.
Tricosilk® Max solution helps to tackle hereditary hair loss (androgenetic alopecia or AGA).
Male-pattern hair loss (MPHL) is usually caused by the combination of genetics and be the action of male hormone dihydrotestosterone (DHT). MPHL begins above the temples and vertex, or calvaria, of the scalp. As it progresses, a rim of hair at the sides and rear of the head remains.
Female-pattern hair loss (FPHL) more often causes diffuse thinning without hairline recession; similar to its male counterpart, female androgenic alopecia rarely leads to total hair loss. FPHL has a strong genetic predisposition. The genes that contribute to FPHL could be inherited from either parent, or both.
Minoxidil is a systemic antihypertensive and vasodilator, which slows down hair loss and produces hair growth in some users. Minoxidil acts by relaxing blood vessels and opening potassium channels, thus, allowing more oxygen, blood, and nutrients to the follicles. This reduces the duration of the follicle resting phase (telogen), which is followed then by the anagen phase (active phase of growth).
Aminexil is normally used in conjunction with Minoxidil and is known to increase hair density and hair growth by preventing perifollicular fibrosis (a condition when collagen around the hair root becomes rigid and tightens, pushing the root to the surface and causing premature hair loss).
You will notice an increase in hair loss during the first 2 weeks of Tricosilk Max’s® use. This is temporary and common and is a sign that old hairs shedding continues as new ones start to grow.
Remember, that Tricosilk® Max is less effective when there is a large area of hair loss. Its effectiveness is more noticeable in younger men who have experienced hair loss for less than 5 years.
Tricosilk® Max solution is for topical use only:
Avoid getting solution in your eyes, nose, or mouth. If you get minoxidil solution in your eyes, wash them out with cool tap water.
Do not use on scalp that is irritated or sunburned.
1. Wash your scalp with a mild shampoo. Your hair and scalp must be dry before applying Tricosilk® Max solution.
2. Make sure you use 1 ml of Tricosilk® Max solution per application, not more than twice daily. To apply solution on the scalp areas, use a special dropper. Apply the liquid onto different areas of the front and top of the scalp. The night-time application should be done 2-4 hours before going to bed to allow the solution to dry out.
3. Wash your hands after applying Tricosilk® Max solution.
4. Allow the solution to remain on the scalp for at least 4 hours before washing. Wait approximately 4 hours after application before going swimming, and do not allow your scalp to get wet from the rain after applying the solution. A hair dryer should not be used to speed up the drying of the solution as it may decrease the effectiveness.
5. Wait until the solution is dry before using other hair care products.
It may take several months before the improvement appears. If you do not see improvement after 4 months, check with your doctor.
Temporary hair loss may continue and increase for up to 2 weeks after you start using minoxidil solution.
Missing a dose
More frequent use or longer application time have no effect on the hair growth. In case of missing any daily applications of Tricosilk® Max, the patient should continue with the next application.
The drug should not be used more than two times a day, or be taken orally or applied to any other part of the body to avoid the risk of adverse effects and unwanted hair growth. The total daily application dose should not exceed 2 ml.
Store at room temperature between 15 and 30 degrees C (59 and 86 degrees F) and away from excess moisture and heat. Throw away any unused medicine after the expiration date. Keep out of the reach of children.